On Sunday afternoon, Dr. Duane Berkompas, his surgical team, and a host of other players saved my life. I was in no condition to be taking notes, or I’d list everyone by name.
Regardless, here’s the general overview:
- Mulliken’s First Response team.
- The ambulance team from Hayes Green Beach Hospital.
- The Emergency Room staff at Edward W. Sparrow Hospital.
- Dr. Berkompas and everyone supporting his efforts.
- The Cardiac Intensive Care Unit at Sparrow.
- The Cardiac Progressive Care Unit at Sparrow.
- Joan, of course.
- And the prayers of many friends.
Thanks, everyone. Truly an age of wonders.